Turbo Tax - Turbotax a Fraud

Nov 18, 2012
review #359991

I filed my taxes with Turbotax for 2011, and they said they found me a deduction that would leave me with a $2000 refund.A few months later, the IRS contacted me.

It turned out that in spite of what Turbotax claimed, I was not eligible for the deduction, and I actually owed $2000 plus penalties and interest. I contacted Turbotax because of their "100% guaranteed" refund if they were wrong. Their customer service was horrible. For the longest time, they claimed they couldn't even find my tax returns.

When they did, they went through a review process that took weeks. They then came back with their reply: they said I was never eligible in the first place and refused to do anything. They lied. They did whatever they could to screw me over on my taxes.

In the end, they refused to honor their guarantee or even refund what I paid for this so-called service.Don't use Turbotax -- you will be cheated.

67da4fc
2.5
Had an experience with Turbo Tax?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
bmeighan

Nov 19, 2012

I suspect that you MAY have entered the information incorrectly. If there was an error of this magnitude, we would know about it immediately. If you'd like for me to independently review your case, pls contact me at "turbotax_advocate" + "@" + "intuit.com".

Bob Meighan
VP, TurboTax

0 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about Turbo Tax.
Filing a new complaint about
×